We will be the most respected provider of risk solutions in the world and set an example for honest communication with Clients, Service Partners and Domicile Regulators. To do this, we will maintain a culture that supports our team members so they can provide extraordinary service while always maintaining direct, honest and timely communication to those we work with. We will honor diversity and embrace new ideas.
Elevate Risk Solutions
Elevate Risk Solutions is first and foremost focused on what's best for our clients. Our business consists of three key areas of focus:
1. COORDINATED RISK SOLUTIONS
We assist companies in establishing what's best for their insurance and risk management needs overall, not just "quoting insurance" on a few lines.
2. RISK MANAGEMENT
There are times when we are asked to consult on your overall enterprise risk (not just insurance). From risk maps to rethinking retention strategies, we believe what gets measured gets managed.
3. CAPTIVE CONSULTING
This service coordinates the commercial insurance program with a captive approach. From our CORE™ Review to regulatory filing, we take the burden off you so you can focus on your business.
Coordinated Risk Solutions
To properly review your entire enterprise risk profile, we follow a defined three step process:
Coordinated Overview of Risk Exposure
- Enterprise Risk Assessment – Full review of all potential risks within the enterprise, whether insured or not
- Data collection & review of all existing commercial policies
- Detailed independent actuarial analysis & cost-effectiveness review
- Identify possible insurance & reinsurance structures
- Pricing & 5-year pro forma analysis
- Develop program objectives & business purpose – start with the end in mind
- Select best retention strategy and excess markets
- Large vs small insurance company analysis
- Coordinate with risk placement partners if needed
- Regulatory required tax & audit preparation, legal/corporate documents & actuarial report
- Captive Business Plan
- Capitalization & funding requirements
- 5-year pro forma financial statements
- Regulatory filing process
- Engage service providers: Actuary, Legal, Accounting, Audit & Investment
- Place insurance wrap programs where needed
- Submit the regulatory application to incorporate and license the captive
- Coordinate and contract with service providers
- Capitalize captive
- Issue insurance policies
- Review quarterly progress and results
WHEN REVIEWING AN ACCOUNT, HERE ARE KEY QUESTIONS/TOPICS WE LOOK AT:
- What is your risk tolerance?
- Is your current broker's financial interest alligned with yours?
- Are you a "buyer of insurance" or a "seller of your risk"?
- Does your captive manager only use outside professionals to eliminate conflicts of interest?
- Have you had an independent feasibility study performed? If so was an outside, unaffiliated actuary employed for this process?
- Is every fixed fee included in your captive management fee or will you be responsible for additional fees?
- Does your captive manager have national presence in multiple domiciles?
- Has your captive manager been involved in drafting captive legislation?
- Does your captive management have over 100 years of combined professional experience?
- Is your captive manager completely independent?
- Is your captive manager approved to give CPE and CLE continuing education credits for accountants and attorneys?
- Has your captive manager had articles published on the topic of captives?
Subscribe to our Knowledge CenterSubscribe
After experiencing tremendous losses due to a natural disaster uncovered by my commercial carrier, I knew it was time to form a captive and shopped around for a captive manager...we couldn’t be happier that we chose Elevate.
Communication is quick and effective, documents are always organized and available and my questions are always answered efficiently and professionally.
We chose Elevate because of their reputation in our business community, and their services have exceeded expectations. We trust Elevate.
I have worked with Jerry Messick and the Elevate Captive team since 2012. They have been instrumental in guiding us properly on how to implement and run a captive successfully. The due diligence and proactive service on the part of the Elevate team is unrivaled. Their product knowledge and how to use the instrument to our benefit, while providing sound risk management and compliance principles is another huge differentiating factor for their firm. In addition, the team of experts that Elevate has referred us to in the legal and financial advisory areas has turned out to be top notch. The Captive is only as good as the entire team. Finally, it has to be mentioned that we “just plain like” Jerry and Co.. Friendly, smart and easy to work with. A real pleasure.